Can you believe we’re already a week into April!? Spring is almost here in Ontario. The ice on the lake is melting quickly, but it won’t be completely gone until sometime in May (probably). Whenever we get a good rain it goes a lot quicker.
This is a photo from our porch this morning. Our skating rink is a slush puddle now. 😝 (That wooden building is our warming shack.)
Yesterday I found a super cool website called On This Day that gives facts about what all happened on a certain day. I thought it’d be fun to give you a run-down on the things I found interesting!
So, April 7… what all happened today?
- Jackie Chan – 66 yrs
Chinese actor and martial artist
- Russel Crowe – 56 yrs (exactly ten years younger than Jackie Chan!)
Actor from New Zealand (the movie I know him by is Les Miserable)
- Ravi Shankar – born 1920, died 2012
Musician from India. His music was used in an experiment testing the affects of music on plants. The results were the plants leaned at a horizontal angle to reach the speakers!
- P. T. Barnum – died 1891
American businessman and showman (inspiration for The Greatest Showman movie)
- Henry Ford – died 1947
The man who founded the Ford Motor Company
- George Nissen – died 2010
An American inventor who created the trampoline.
- Mount Vesuvius erupted in 1906, killing around 500 people in Naples, Italy. (This is the same volcano that buried Pompei in 79 AD.) There are some pretty cool books written on this topic!
- A spacecraft called Mars Odyssey launched in 2001 and now orbits Mars, inspecting the environment and activity. Martian activity? That’d be interesting! You can check out the photos it takes here.
That’s all I’ve got today! Let me know in the comments what you think of this post and if you wanna see more like it. I thought I’d try it out and see what you guys think. 😉
Next week I have a guest post from my friend Olivia! She’s writing about a story with her, my fish, and I—oh, yes, and a murder. 😁
Also, Happy Easter! ❤️ (Here‘s the post I wrote last year for Easter if you want to check it out.)